You’re not alone
Thousands of Australians choose to go bankrupt each year by voluntarily filing a debtors’ petition. When you get the facts, you may be surprised to learn that bankruptcy is really not as bad as you think. Bankruptcy is not intended to be a penalty; it is intended to give you a fresh start. Give us a call on 1300 959 557 to discuss your questions.
Many myths about bankruptcy are either completely untrue, or only apply in rare situations. These include myths such as:
- I won’t be able to travel overseas
- My employer will be told of my bankruptcy
- My family and friends will find out
- I will never be able to borrow again
- I can’t be in business or self-employed
- I will lose my car
- All my future income will go to paying off my debts
Some of these myths are addressed in our FAQs section. But the best way to sort out the fact and fiction is chatting through your specific situation with us. We see and hear people’s relief every day. When they understand how bankruptcy works, and realise that bankruptcy is really not as bad as they thought. And better yet, how bankruptcy will let them hit that “reset” switch and start over fresh.