Current ATO collection and Payment Plan policies, are formal insolvency options more sustainable?
It’s been well publicised over the last 18 months that the ATO is ramping up its debt collection programs, looking to collect the over $52B in debt that has accrued on its books since the start of the Pandemic in 2020.
A key focus for this debt collection program is small and medium business, who collectively owe more than $35B.
In this presentation, we will take a look at:
· The ATO’s changing approach to debt collection over the last 18 months,
· What we’ve seen and heard about the ATO’s current policies from our network
· The assistance available to small business through the ATO website
· Insolvency and Restructuring options compared to ATO payment plans
· How the ATO is responding to payment plans and requests for remission
· How the ATO is responding to SBR, VA/DOCAs, and Part X proposals (with some recent case studies)
· Where we see ATO debt collection going in 2024.
· Strategies for the small and medium business to stay in the ATO’s good books.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Each session provides attendees with 1 hour CPD and is complimentary.